Pontiac, Michigan (partially remote)
The Social Media Strategist will report directly to the Director of Social Media and is positioned in the Social Media/Content Department.
The Social Media Strategist’s goal is to create and publish engaging content for our clients in order to help increase brand awareness, promote company services, and generate new leads. The Social Media Strategist’s role will involve a variety of tasks, including designing and implementing social media strategy across multiple platforms. Ultimately, you should be able to increase engagement and ensure brand consistency.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Execute a results-driven social media strategy.
- Write, proofread, edit, and publish engaging posts for various social networks before publication, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and other popular channels.
- Optimize social media posts (language, tone, message) based on our client style guides and the target audience’s behaviors. Review and update published content as needed.
- Create and manage clients’ monthly content calendars, ensure that revisions are made within a timely manner, and posts are scheduled on time and within scope.
- Assist in the creation and editing of written, video, and photo content.
- Maintain unified brand voice across different social media channels.
- Monitor social media channels for industry trends.
- Interact with users and respond to social media messages, inquiries, and comments.
- Review analytics and create reports on key metrics.
- Assist in the development and management of social media marketing and influencer marketing strategy.
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications, and generate new ideas around trending topics
- Actively seek opportunities for improvement and demonstrate willingness to grow as a professional
- Other duties assigned
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree (Marketing, Business, Communications, or a related field preferred)
- 2+ years of experience in social media marketing
- Direct experience using social media management tools such as Sprout Social, Hootsuite, or equivalent
- Demonstrated expertise in Social Media Platforms and Advertising platforms
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite and Canva preferred
- Experience creating TikToks and Instagram Reels preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Other Abilities
- Organizational skills
- Customer service skills
- Analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently, as needed
- Ability to sit for long periods of time, using computer-based equipment
- Ability to work quickly and produce quick turnaround
- A high degree of motivation
- Decision-making skills
- Easily adaptable
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
"*" indicates required fields